- Class Start Date: September 6, 2022
- Class End Date: September 29, 2022
- Meeting Days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Start Time: 6:00 PM Eastern Time
- End Time: 8:30 PM Eastern Time
Review the business case for DevOps and how it fits into an Agile environment in this course. We cover core concepts such as continuous integration and continuous delivery, and explore their accompanying cultural changes, operational considerations and configuration management. This course provides an excellent foundation in DevOps concepts for organizations looking to make a successful transition.
Who Should Attend?
- Software test professionals,
- Operations engineers,
- Software developers,
- Project managers, and
- Business owners.
- Agile Fundamentals - ICP
- Attendees are expected to have some experience with software builds, deployments, and automated testing.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the origins of DevOps, how it relates to Agile development, how it differs from traditional development approaches and what benefits an organization can gain from adopting DevOps
- Contrast DevOps as a set of practices with DevOps as a mindset based on a set of principles
- Describe the important cultural changes needed when adopting DevOps, then categorize the common challenges teams will experience when adopting the new culture and explain ways to overcome them
- Demonstrate the scope of version control and show how having a single source of truth supports DevOps implementation
- Describe and categorize the elements needed for effective configuration management, the techniques that support effective configuration management and the range of components that should be under configuration management
- Explain the principles of continuous integration
- Explain key practices of continuous integration, contrast good and bad CI approaches and show how CI is crucial to a DevOps implementation
- Classify different aspects of quality assurance, explain how they complement each other and identify the risks involved in skimping on quality assurance practices
- Describe and differentiate both continuous delivery and continuous deployment, and explain how they relate to a general DevOps culture
- Explain the benefits of continuous delivery and show how its principles improve software development outcomes
- Describe and contrast the practices of continuous delivery, distinguishing the appropriate practices based on the context of their own environment
- Describe an end-to-end deployment pipeline and explain the choices made for each step in the pipeline
- Illustrate how different infrastructure choices can impact the ability to implement and scale DevOps effectively
- Show the implications of DevOps on data and database management and explain the practices needed to ensure data integrity in a DevOps environment
Course Materials and Required Software Applications
- Zoom account (zoom.us)
- Google Classroom
Upon completion of this course the attendee will be certified by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and awarded the ICAgile Professional – Foundations of Devops (ICP-FDO) designation. The ICP-FDO is one of two Continuous Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the DevOps Track. The ICAgile certification fee is included with your registration for your convenience.
About the ICAgile
The International Consortium for Agile’s goal is to foster thinking and learning around agile methods, skills, and tools. The ICAgile, working with experts and organizations across agile development specialties, has captured specific learning objectives for the different agile development paths and put them on the learning roadmap. For more information visit www.icagile.com.