The 3-Day Training of Trainers Program in Restorative Practices (RP) and Circles is only available
to individuals who have already completed Neutral Zone’s 2-Day Intro to RP and Circles.
This highly active and engaging workshop focuses on both theory and practical strategies and will prepare participants to train and coach others in RP and circles. The training incorporates critical theories of adult learning and social identity to help prepare trainees to be effective in their work training and coaching others.
With the change in Michigan’s state discipline code (August 2017), schools are mandated to “consider restorative practices as an alternative to suspension or expulsion and to remediate offenses such as interpersonal conflicts, bullying, and verbal or physical conflicts”.
This course helps schools effectively meet Michigan’s mandate while building their capacity to promote and strengthen positive school culture, enhance pro-social relationships within the school community and reduce student negative behavior.
As a result of the 3-day training participants will be able to:
If you want to register multiple people, please call or email Julie Newland.
- Reflect on our own social identities and how that impacts our ability to support relationship development and address harm when it occurs
- Be reflective on our own lived experiences, thoughts, and abilities and to identify the areas where we will be most personally effective as a trainer and the areas where we need to work to improve to better support others in training.
- Identify the parts of an active-participatory workshop and explain how the parts build on one another and meet adult learning needs.
- Explain the experiential learning cycle, the framework for debriefing and be able to create effective questions for each part of a debrief
- Identify and name effective facilitator skills
- Articulate some of the ancient and modern contexts of RP
- Identify all of the theoretical components and RP strategies embedded in the 2 day RP training
- Name and explain the training activities accompanying each section of the 2 day RP training
- Conduct a peer presentation in RP
- Adapt workshop activities to successfully meet the goals of an active-participatory workshop.
- Identify the important aspects of training and coaching others and apply those ideas to a personal implementation plan
- Identify common challenges in a training setting and practice responding to those
734-487-4926 or firstname.lastname@example.org