This mid-level course designed to provide up-to-date information on paints and coating materials used in today’s industrial, architectural and specialty applications. The course introduces fundamentals concepts and then builds thorough understanding of composition, cure-mechanism and applications of currently used technologies of coating materials – Solvent based, water-borne, high-solid, Powder, and UV-cure coatings. Detailed discussion on role of raw materials, coating formulation, comparison of different technologies, manufacturing and application processes, testing and evaluation will provide very strong foundation and practical knowledge of coating materials.
Who should attend?
This course is specifically designed to provide a through fundamental understanding and working knowledge of today's coatings and paints. It is highly recommended for beginners, formulators, marketing, technical sales, paint users, customer support staff, field representatives, manufacturing personnel and all others who need a broad knowledge of this dynamic and complex technology.
What you will learn
• Coating composition: The basic role of coating ingredients and properties
• Types of paints/coatings and current technologies
• Fundamentals of coating formulations
• Manufacturing process and equipment
• How coatings are applied and cured
• Testing and evaluation methods and protocols.