Exposure to bloodborne infectious diseases is identified as a significant source of occupational illness. The lack of first aid and medical services can lead to serious physical harm or death. This full day course was developed to teach participants: the requirements of Part 472 Medical Services & First Aid, and Part 554 Bloodborne Infectious Diseases; to determine if facilities and employees are covered by the standards; to prepare a written exposure control plan; and, to ensure employees receive proper care following an occupational exposure or injury. This course is designed for general industry with emphasis for healthcare facilities.
* Determine the applicability of Part 554 Bloodborne Infectious Diseases standards to specific personnel and facilities.
* Evaluate written exposure control plan.
* Identify proper engineering, work practices, and personal protective equipment controls to reduce or eliminate exposure.
* Implement a program for proper management, decontamination, and disposal of contaminated materials.
* Evaluate availability and accessibility of exposed and injured employees to first aid and medical