Polyurethane (PU) coatings are among the rapidly growing and most versatile systems with ever expanding applications in industrial, architectural and specialty areas. The objective of this course is to present fundamental understanding of PU chemistry and technology and how it is harnessed in formulation of a variety of PU coating systems.
The content of the course has been structured to first build understanding of PU raw materials, chemistry and their resin technology, and subsequently understand how various PU coating systems are designed for specific end-use applications. The course also presents state of art of PU technologies, and commercial products available on such technologies. A special emphasis is on addressing VOC and related legislations. A half-day laboratory session provides hands-on PU coating formulations and application.
Who should attend
This course is designed for those involved in development, application and technical marketing of coatings. It is highly recommended for personnel involved in coating development, marketing, sales, customer support staff, field representatives, entry-level chemists in technical/research area.
What you will learn
- Raw materials used in PU resins and coatings
- Chemistry and technologies of PU coatings
- How coatings are formulated using various of cross-linking techniques
- Water-borne, Solvent born and UV curable PU systems
- Comparison among various PU and other coating systems
- Commercial products in the market, the state of art and future trends