The Coatings and Paint Technology is a mid-level course designed to provide up-to-date information on raw materials, coating formulation, properties, application and selection of various coating materials. The objective is to discuss ingredients, composition and properties of industrial, automotive, marine, aerospace and trade sales coatings. Raw materials and coating types, properties, and selection, performance criteria, problem resolution, testing and evaluation and future coatings and raw materials needs, will also be discussed.
Who should attend?
This course is specifically designed to provide a through fundamental understanding and working knowledge of today's coatings and paints. It is highly recommended for beginners, formulators, marketing, technical sales, paint users, customer support staff, field representatives, manufacturing personnel and all others who need a broad knowledge of this dynamic and complex technology.
What you will learn
- Coating composition: The basic role of coating ingredients and properties
- Types of paints/coatings and their basic properties
- Rational formulation guidelines
- Fundamentals of adhesion and corrosion control
- How to select performing coatings
- Application and processing methods
- Problem resolution: raw material, finished paint and applications
- Unmet raw materials and coating product needs.