This one day seminar will thoroughly discuss the requirements of MIOSHA Part 85, Control of Hazardous
Energy Sources. Topics include: a complete review and interpretations of the standard; lockout and
tagout requirements; minor tool change exceptions; energy control procedures and exceptions;
periodic inspections; and employee training. Interactive discussions and exercises have
been designed to enforce the concepts presented.
- Scope and Application
- Minor Tool Change Exemptions
- Components of a Proper Lockout/Tagout Procedure
- Types of Lockout/Tagout Devices
- Requirements of Periodic Inspections
- Training Requirements
- Group and Contractor Lockout/Tagout Responsibilities
This is a required class for the General Industry Level Two MTI Certificate.