Automotive coatings require high performance, workability, and long-term durability. To effectively and successfully deal with such challenges and to thrive amid ever-fiercer competition, thorough knowledge of coating properties, application and processing parameters are essential for coatings manufacturers, users and raw materials suppliers. This applied and highly interactive workshop will offer a sound assessment of the latest developments in materials, application methods, and design of a high performance and environmentally compliant coating operations.
Who Should Attend?
All personnel dealing with functional, decorative and protective coatings including process, design, design and specification engineers and quality control personnel will find this interactive highly informative and relevant. The course is appropriate for current users with limited to very good knowledge of coatings operations, which need or want to learn fundamentals, new technologies and trends.
What Will You Learn?
- Gain a thorough understanding of automotive coating materials and application parameters.
- Develop an overall understanding of surface treatment and corrosion prevention methods and processes.
- Learn “Rational Formulation Processes”
- Gain valuable understanding of durability of coatings and how to improve overall performance.
- Learn how to save costs by implementing more efficient processes and judicial selection of materials.
- Identify defects and learn prevention steps and methods.
The following topics will be covered in detail:
- Basics of coatings and automotive coatings
- Pretreatment systems – over view and technologies
- Electrodeposition primer – chemistry and technology
- Chemistry and technologies of Primer surfacers
- Topcoats: Base-coats and Clear coats – chemistry and technologies
- Coatings for plastics and interior
- Testing and troubleshooting